Friday, January 8, 2010

Microsoft talks Project Natal at CES 10

This year's Consumer Electronics Show has gone underway, and what a way to start off the year of 2010 (which I am now just going to be calling "the future") than with a presentation about the most futuristic piece of hardware coming out, Natal.

I watched a few different videos that you can take a look at below:

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

I really appreciate them diving more into the technology front in their explanations, even if they didn't dive too deep. It's understandable, however, since they don't want other companies like Sony or Nintendo stealing their technology. at the very least not until theirs is released. Which is something else that he announced at the keynote speech. The release date for Natal is this Holiday, 2010.

I'm personally very excited for Natal, even though I am still a tiny bit skeptical. It definitely seems like they've been working on smoothing things out since E3, and if nothing else works as good as it should, I'd at least like to be able to navigate my Xbox's menus using my hands.

Here's to you, Project Natal, and here's to the future of gaming, and really, entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment