Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Friday the 13th Sequel


I didn't see the remake of Friday the 13th, but then again the original movie didn't appeal to me. But of course when I heard about the remake I merely dismissed it because remakes haven't fared too well, and I couldn't see the remake even coming close to the original.

Marcus Nispel's past movies including the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake were lame, and he didn't want to do the remake of Friday the 13th, they had to almost beg him. So of course the movie had potential to fall short because the director's heart was not in it, and of course it was going to make money because it was a low budget production.

So, not surprisingly, IGN reports a remake coming on August 13th 2010.

I wish this had been a one time thing, I'm curious if Nispel directs the sequel because I doubt he wants to. Once again, begging someone to direct isn't good for vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment