Monday, September 28, 2009

Geek Gadgets: THE USB MISSILE LAUNCHER!

How many times have you walked into your room, and something just didn’t feel right? You look at your computer and you think “I know that page wasn’t there when I left.” You then conclude you are just being paranoid and jump on your computer. WELL FEAR NO MORE! I have found a nice little toy off blokeystuff.au. It is a “missile launcher,” which I have seen around the internet before, but this one has an added little fun effect… a webcam!

This toy definitely goes down as one of those things I never thought I would need (and still really don’t). It works either on the computer it is attached to, or remotely. I assume someone thought it would be a good idea to make a personal webcam that shoots at where it is looking, and can be accessed from around the globe. (Imagine if you finally got that girl to bed and your buddy from down the street logs on and decides this would be a HILARIOUS time to shoot you/her, because you [stupidly] left the damn thing on) Honestly, I do not see a purpose.

I can see the fun factor something like this would initially have, just… I cannot see someone actually using it for a long time. It would be a good thing to use some of that freeware security software that can follow something that is moving (I’m sure the program has an “Autofire” option).

The missile launcher does not take a lot of space, and can be operated on a run of the mill computer. The website doesn’t disclose the resolution of the camera, so I really cannot say if the $78 price tag is justified. If you are interested you can hit up their website: http://www.blokeystuff.com.au/Product.php?bar=872888008283 and find out yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment