Monday, July 13, 2009

Heavy Rain pushed back to 2010


“Purely from my perspective, most publishers today realise that it’s not ideal to release a new IP or a new genre just before Christmas,” he said.

I remember seeing footage from E3 2008 and boy has the hype died down, since people are upset from having to wait for the game. Then again there is some truth to Guillaume de Fondaumiere's words.

This christmas will be the year when single console owners like myself will likely buy a second console, with price cuts abound, even for the Wii. Since Heavy Rain is an exclusive, putting it in Christmas territory seems ideal for selling a lot of copies. But these days it may not be the case, since now those other consoles for PS3 owners are tempting to get with the price cuts. Of course you're going to need to buy games to enjoy it, being the bundles and included games don't really make the cut >_>

Also it's good that they wait a while, because the recent news of faulty Blu Ray movies in Netflix makes me worry about the Blu Ray disc games for PS3. I think Sony made a mistake in changing the way they made them lately, I do not know if its an issue now.

1 comment:

  1. I have have no clue what your saying about HYPE since everyone is SOOOO excited for Heavy Rain. That aside while it's sad to think I have to wait 4 more months to play this game I also think it's a good move. Way too many games to get this fall so I can understand the change. Still sad though.

    ReplyDelete