Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Trailers of the Month: August 2009


Ed's Picks

The imagination of Doctor Parnassus Trailer

Yes it has Heath Ledger, but I dismissed the movie because I knew it would capitalize on his death like The Dark Knight did. I also knew they would have to fill his screen time in with one of several actors named, I actually had no idea they would use them all. So now this movie seems interesting to me, it’s a great concept of changing the character with different actors at a time. Plus it looks fun.

Law Abiding Citizen Trailer

Recommended by Movie Blog owner John Campea, I was surprised. This looks extremely good, and its actually exciting me to see a movie based on the idea of a single man bringing down the entire US system, and yet I support the guy because of the filler in the beginning about his family. Sign me up.

The Wolfman Trailer

I agree with everyone else, it’s a remake that stays true to the themes of the original including the period and using the technology of today to make it even better.

Legion Trailer

In the first 30 seconds I see a sweet little old lady, in the next minute I see a sweet little old blood smeared lady climbing the walls and a movie dealing with God and Angels. Sounds like an interesting premise with action, cool.

Astroboy Trailer

Yes you’re probably going WTF. But really, watch the trailer and tell me you didn’t smile once. I love the cast, I love IMAGI Animation, I love Animation in general, and this looks like plain fun with some heart.


TJ's Picks

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus Trailer

It's been an awfully long time since I throughly enjoyed a Terry Gilliam movie. He's one of my absolute favorite directors to watch work. For the first time in what feels like forever he seems to be going back to his roots. The films that made him a legend, from Holy Grail, to Brazil, To The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. Of course I'm interested to see Heath ledger's last performance but it's a serious back seat to me simply wanting to get my fill of the great Terry Gilliam.

The Lovely Bones Trailer

I feel like we've been waiting forever for this film to come out. Now that we have our first look I couldn't be anymore excited. The movie is based on a book about a girl that is murdered and is inbetween worlds trying to help her family deal with the grief of loosing her while helping to solve the case of her murder. Peter Jackson is one of those guys that is on my very short list of directors that hasn't made a bad film. I enjoy King King, yes!

The Wolfman Trailer

I'm so disappointed that the film isn't coming out this October. It's coming February 12th 2010 I believe. But if it means they are making it better then I'm all for it. Benicio Del Toro looks like it might be the most inspired casting of the last decade. While I'm not a huge fan of the directore (Jurassic Park III) it really looks like from the trailer that they got the tone right and thats huge.

Law Abiding Citizen Trailer

I didn't even know about this Gerard Butler, Jamie Foxx movie until I saw this trailer a week ago. Usually that isn't a good sign if I don't even know what your movie is. It comes out in a few weeks and looks rather interesting. I'm typically not into thrillers but this one has got me excited. Sadly it looks like one of those thrillers where the ending will probably be a let down but still worth taking a look at.

Legion Trailer

Paul Bettany is one of my favorite character actors and almost always gives his best. Even when he's not in the best movies he's always fantastic. Then there's Dennis Quaid who is a bit more hit or miss but usually solid. Oh and did I forget to add there is a battle between Heaven and Earth. Angels warring against the planet trying to kill the child of a small town girl being protected by Paul Bettany a fallen angel. This should be a ton of fun at the movies.


And there you have it our trailers of the month. Hope you watched and enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment