Friday, July 24, 2009

Halo Chronicles Dead


LINK

"The Halo project is no longer happening, it sort of collapsed when the movie didn't end up happening." -Peter Jackson

Well, I'm not too surprised. I was hoping the game would happen, but nothing did happen and most people gave up. The problem was I needed a bit of confirmation from a credible source to say it's dead, and Peter Jackson is about as close as you can get.

And considering that Bungie promises Reach will be its last Halo title, It might be the end of projects from Halo. You know what...I doubt this will be the last Halo title but I imagine any Halo project outside of Bungie would fail. Halo ODST probably won't sell a copy if Bungie wasn't making it, and Halo Wars is a small indicator of that. It did have stuff to make it a worthwhile buy for some, but maybe Halo's glory days will be over after Reach.

Now that I really think about it, the way Jackson chained the game with the movie, it sounds like the game would have been a movie tie in. Which is really bad considering movie tie in games fail many many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment