Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Book Review: Brisingr


I have followed the Inheritance Trilogy slowly, being that Paolini's books may be one of the most expensive sets of books to buy at 25 bucks a pop. But at some point my gift cards pile up from christmas and alleviate this matter so I can unhesistantly buy these monstrous book reads.

I can't tell you how many times I have read reviews of these books criticizing the rather young Paolini for the length of these books. Personally, a little fun in exploring certain parts of other characters isn't necessarily a bad thing. But the book in a short explanation is a fun read.

Eragon truly becomes a warrior in this book, in the first book he's a bumbling kid who doesn't know anything and gets lucky with Durza due to other's helping him. In the second book he slowly gains the skills to be formidable, but in this one he truly brings his game up.

What I found most interesting was one of Eragon's moments where Paolini goes into detail about sword forging, I loved it. There was this other plot point dealing with the character of Nasuada that makes her such a badass for doing it that you'll love the character more, especially with the marks she willingly carries afterward.

What more to say about this book? What more SHOULD be said about this book really, if there's any doubt to Paolini making the last book good, this one ended that doubt for me. Get into this series, its a great book collection.

I give this book a 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment