Sunday, July 26, 2009

G Force beats out Harry Potter?!

WHAT?!

You have got to be kidding me, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

I'm speechless, that G force movie looked really dumb. But for it to topple Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in its second week is one of the biggest upsets this summer. G Force actually has Nicholas Cage in it, who I like, why he's in it..go figure.

I understand this movie was going to have an excited kid audience for how crazy it looks, but for it to have the audience it got considering all the other movie choices including Harry Potter, I don't get how it managed to be good enough for so many.

I don't know about you, but one true fact is that so many people can't be wrong about a movie being worth the watch. This argument really fails for movies lately considering the misery of seeing Meet the Spartans do so good last year. I desperately urge everyone who wonders if they should take their kids to this movie not to see the higher than expected attendance as a good thing.

Watch the Rotten Tomatoes meter, I bet you it isn't even 50 percent...Nope it isn't I just checked, its at 20 percent. Wow, anyone who paid to see this movie is getting ripped off. They pay the same price for a 20 percent rotten rated 90 minute movie about guinea pigs against Harry Potter, a 160 minute 80+ rotten rated movie with fantasy and magic. Harry Potter doesn't even sell in Imax till this week so it really failed to top out against stuff like G force.

Wow, what a bitter moment of this summer. Look I understand that it's good kids are flocking for entertainment, but remember that studios look at what succeeds in the movie theatre to get an idea of what to make and whether to make more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment