Thursday, September 24, 2009

TGS 09: Wii Price Drop confirmed and New Super Mario Bros. Wii gets a date

This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone whose been following the leaked retail ads around the web but the Wii price drop is now official. Starting this Sunday, September 27th the Wii will cost you 199.99 in stores. It makes total sense and one can only hope that this means Wii HD isn't that far way. Dare I put my foot down and say an announcement in 2010 with a 2011 release? Who knows but just thought I'd let you know incase you were finally thinking about getting a Wii this holiday.

Lets not forget though that the New Super Mario Brothers Wii is also coming soon. November 15th is the date so mark your calendars and get ready to once again enter the mushroom kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. It's surprising how excited I am for NSMBW...
    the game technically doesn't really do anything new, it's re-hashing the old school Mario games and putting them in 3D, which the original New Super Mario Bros. did on the DS.

    Then it's adding in 4-player co-op, which has been done before.

    I think the important thing is, the 4 player co-op hasn't ever been done before in the Mario world.

    the last co-op Mario game was Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on the Game Boy Color, and that was only 2 players.

    Anyways, I'm really excited for the game, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to get it along with MW2 and Brutal Legend.

    ReplyDelete