Sunday, June 14, 2009

Movie Review: The Hangover

The Hangover is about 4 guys who goto Las Vegas for thier friend's Bachelor party, and upon drinking some Jeigermeister (with roofies mixed in, no less) they end up doing a bunch of crazy stuff and not being able to remember any of it, and not only that, one of them has gone missing. The entire course of the movie is spent with them trying to figure out what happened. Not only is this movie concept hilarious, but it also works really well to keep you waiting to see what will come next.

As far as the jokes in the movie go, a lot of it was dumb humor, and a lot of it was genuinely funny. I do admit that I laughed out loud a few times through the movie, so overall the humor was good. I think the craziness factor added to a lot of the comedy, honestly. I mean, just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier, it does, and then it gets even crazier again!

As far as cinematography goes, it's definitely good for a comedy. There's a lot of interesting camera angles, as well as some more standard ones. Also, right after they wake up from their drunken night out, with the entire room being completely trashed, the placement of everything, and the way they shot the room really made it look like a total disaster went on.

Overall, the whole movie was a wild ride, definitely something you'd want to go see with your friends. I personally went to see it with my Mom and my Grandma, and I still got a lot out of it, so if you see it with your friends, you'll think it's twice as funny as I did. The only downside to the movie is that some of the jokes were a bit lame, but overall, as a movie, the whole thing is hilarious.

I give The Hangover a 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment