Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Trailer Impression: Necessary Force

So, today, I was watching some game trailers, and I came across a debut trailer for a new game by Midway Newcastle called Necessary Force.

you can watch the trailer Here.

Now, Midway hasn't been doing so good since they filed for bankruptcy, not to mention their less than stellar sales of MK vs. DC, but I'm really hoping they can turn things around with this game, because it looks pretty good so far.

The first thing I have to say is, I'm really liking the art style. The backgrounds look gorgeous, and I like that it's going for a graphic novel kind of feel to it. I'm not so sure about the character designs yet, but we didn't actually see much of them in the trailer. From what I did see, though, they don't seem to be as detailed as the backgrounds, so it might clash a bit, graphically. Also, the fact that half of the trailer was only concept art has me a bit worried, of course, the rendered stuff looked good, for the most part.

As far as the story, it seems pretty standard, but still compelling. A detective on the edge of moral and immoral, we've seen it a bunch in movies, but I can't think of many games that have went there. True Crime: Streets of LA did, and it failed miserably... let's hope this isn't a repeat of that, and Midway actually does a half-decent job with their "hard-boiled-cop-on-the-edge" story.

No comments:

Post a Comment