Thursday, June 4, 2009

E3 2009: God of War III thoughts

At the Sony conference we got a quick look at what God of War III will end up being like. If, however you look around the web you will find much more in depth footage of the game. The demo itself is about 20 to 30 minutes long and ends with probably the best and goriest head decapitation I've ever witnessed.

while I always knew I'd be getting the game I was never impressed by the graphics until the newest demo. The VGA trailer that was shown a few months ago was just atrocious and while it showed some interesting gameplay options, graphically it wasn't the leap forward for the series I was hoping. Finally getting a chance to see the game in action it really is a painting come to life like David Jaffe mentioned months ago.

This is a game of excess and everything just seemed amped up to the extreme. The game is gorier, prettier, more options, better camera placement, better pacing. The game is looking for a March 2010 release date and all I can say is I hope the next 9 months go by fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment